ITINERARY
Leave from: Nassau, Bahamas
- San Juan, Puerto Rico - Salvador, Brazil - Cape Town, South Africa - Port Louis, Mauritius - Chennai, India -
Yangon, Myanmar - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - Phnom Penh, Cambodia - Hong Kong, China - Qingdao, China - Kobe, Japan -
Return to: San Diego, California

Saturday, October 15, 2005

All paid up....so far

The biggest check I have ever seen was put in the mail today for Semester at Sea. A lot of money, but I can tell already, this will be worth every penny and ten times more. I have been keeping up with the blogs of some of the people on the Fall voyage right now, including Erik's (my good friend and roommate from last year). I was interested to hear about Mauritius, an island that makes you scratch your head when you hear the name. Mauritius got rave reviews. Most people were disappointed about Kenya being cut and that an island with slightly less culture was added, but when they returned, I don't think one person cared anymore about the itinerary change. Every blog I have read so far has ended with something along the lines of, "Mauritius was paradise. It was way better than I could have ever imagined. There was so much culture and diversity. Imagine throwing about 10 different cultures together on a small island, and you have Mauritius. I wish we didn't have to leave, but India is pushing our excitement buttons."

So I am happy about visiting Mauritius, I am ready for some serious culture and turquoise water.

Also, it looks like I figured out the classes I'm going to take. They are as follows:
Geography: Global Studies (required for all students to take)
History: Introduction to Africa
Music: Introduction to World Music
Sociology: Minority Groups
These can change, but I am pretty solid with them right now...

I leave you for now with a picture of Flic en Flac beach on Mauritius. It was taken few days ago by a faculty member on the Fall voyage. This pictures sells it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com