ITINERARY
Leave from: Nassau, Bahamas
- San Juan, Puerto Rico - Salvador, Brazil - Cape Town, South Africa - Port Louis, Mauritius - Chennai, India -
Yangon, Myanmar - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - Phnom Penh, Cambodia - Hong Kong, China - Qingdao, China - Kobe, Japan -
Return to: San Diego, California

Saturday, December 10, 2005

The 40 Day Update... Almost There!

Ok, it is now officially 40 days until Semester at Sea's M.V. Explorer sets sail for the Spring 2006 voyage. Can I wait any longer? No. The world is calling me, and I can't answer fast enough. There is a point to this updation of my blog though. I registered for my classes and received all the ones I want, and they will all be transferring over to UNH in the fall......hopefully. So here is what they are:

Sociology: Social Problems 0800-0915 A days
Geology: Global Studies 0920-1035 A & B Days
Music: Intro to World Music 1045-1200 A days
History: Intro to Africa 1255-1410 A days

On the ship we have class every day that we are not in port. Those days are labeled A and B days. As you can see, my A days are going to be crazy, especially since I am not a morning person! B days will be easy, with just my Global Studies class.

Back on the note of UNH, I have been packing up all my stuff, and I will be leaving the 13th to go home. I am definetly going to miss a lot of people here at UNH, I have met some awesome people this year. You guys know who you are. On the other hand, I am so ready to go on SAS it is not even funny. I keep counting down the days. All the paperwork is a tease! I signed up for several of the field programs that needed to be signed up for before we get on the ship, and I will post which ones I get confirmed on when I find that out. I also have been in talks with other people who will be going, and we are scheduling several independent trips, including cage diving with the great white sharks in South Africa! I also plan to do a bunch of scuba diving as well, now that I'm certified.

I got my visas back the other day for China, India, and Brazil. Apparently I get the rest of the visas on the ship.

That is basically it for now... I have registered a new email address for everyone to be able to contact me when they would like. My UNH email will most likely be locked out because I receive so much email in that system, and I wont be able to check it that much so it will go over the size limit of my mailbox, and it will be shut down until I clean it out. Therefore, the email address that everyone can email me at when I leave is: semesteratseamike@gmail.com I will post this again later before I leave.

I will have an international cell phone, but I will be using it very little since the rates will be outrageous. I will most likely use it to communicate with my parents, or for emergencies. Hopefully, if I can get a signal, I will try to use it to Audioblog. Audioblogger is a new feature. It works by calling a number and entering your PIN, and you can then record a 5 minutes audio file that will automatically be insterted in my blog. It is pretty cool, and that way you guys can actually hear me talk about my experience, rather than read about it as well. I will try to audioblog as often as I can, but mostly I will just be regular posting.

Before I forget, I will be thanking many people in the next few months for making this opportunity a reality for me, but one person I need to thank right now though is Steve Brown at UNH. He has been UNBELIEVABLE in helping me get everything straightened out with the right people, and do the right things I need to do to be able to go in January. So you get the first shout-out Steve, thank you and I really appreciate everything you do for me.

Ok I have rambled on long enough. I turn 20 in 10 days. Yay, another pointless age, haha. If I dont update before the holidays, Happy Holidays to everyone, and stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike!! I found your blog for the SAS Spring 06 message board. I'm Nicki, I'm going on it, too!! I agree - very excited, I can barely hold still and I talk about it NONSTOP to my friends. :) Anyway, feel free to IM me (nixster017), and good luck packing!! See you in January!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com